Monday, July 27, 2009

Day One

It's after midnight, so the cleanse is officially on. I'm up and awake, with plans to get some laundry and cleaning done while my guys sleep. Ideally I'll fit in some quiet time and perhaps even a PM pilates video before hitting the sack around dawn.
Mind:
Goodness, what a mess. Thoughts swirling, emotions flaring, indecisiveness running amuk. The day was mostly even keel, but evening hit with the usual stressors - trying to prepare a healthy dinner while taking care of the kiddo, getting ready for the next day, feeling partnerless while the hubby sits and watches tv as I buzz about. I must admit to anger and impatience. I am at a loss as to how to communicate in any other way that I need some help in the evenings - turn off the violent cop show! feed the hungry toddler! participate in the family! Nothing doing, I realize that the change is going to need to come from me, whether I like it or not. I tend to procrastinate getting dinner started and wind up with a toddler who wants. mama. NOW. So a more stable routine is definitely in order. As is a more patient attitude.
Body:
Shared a vegan pizza with my little one for lunch today, and made some lovely veggie spring rolls for dinner tonight. To celebrate my new Vita-Mix I had made some tahini, and used that to make a tasty spicy dipping sauce for the rolls. I'm currently sitting down to a goji berry tea - just a few berries wrapped in cheeseclothe and steeped in hat water. Tastes lovely. I'll be saving the berries to add to my waking smoothie. The plan is ~ nap at dawn, wake up with the little monkey around 7ish and have a green juice. Back to bed around 9ish, wake again around 3pm. Waking smoothie of fresh aloe, valencia orange, and blueberry, then some fresh fruit as I head to work around 6:30. I'll pack a lunch and aim to eat it around midnight, some salad with avocado packed in my beloved tiffin. Perhaps a Larabar around 4am if I'm up and my tummy is rumbling, and lots of water between meals. When I arrive home around 8am the next morning I'll have some tea and head to bed. I have heard many people discuss how much improved their rest is when they do not eat directly before bed, and this is something that I'm going to test for myself.
As far as exercise, on days when I'm working I am not going to put pressure to squeeze anything in. When it's the first day back on night shift, I tend to wake up earlier and may go for a run or fit in a video, but I consider that a bonus.
Spirit:
Church today was great. I couldn't get us out of the door in time to make it to bible study, however. Worship was right on, and the sermon resonated with me. Tonight I would like to start a daily devotional using My Utmost for His Highest to jump off.

No comments:

Post a Comment