Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day 8: Going Strong

An entire week has passed, and my juice feast is going well. After I wrote my last post I continued to think up excuses to stop early, and came to an important realization - I rarely stick to things for long. When things get to be too much, I'm more likely to create an exit strategy than to work through it. Sticking with the 40 days will be an important exercise in working through rather than walking away.
So far I'm getting into more of a groove when it comes to prep in the AM. I'm using the vita-mix/nut milk bag method, and now that I've got the hang of it, mornings are a bit smoother. While getting up at 4am is less than ideal, it's lovely to have a quiet house for my bible study. Today I even woke up before the alarm, which I'm hoping is a sign that my body is responding well to the increased nutrition. Hunger has been a minimal issue, I'm finding satisfaction with my 4-5 quarts of juice, which has been very suprising. My energy is up, but the true test will be when I switch to a busier station next week. So far I have not told anyone what I'm doing, although I'm sure my partner has noticed all I drink is homemade juice. I don't think my husband has even quite caught on (sad, huh?). My little one has started to enjoy sharing juice with me, mainly the fruit-based ones. However, I plan on slipping in some green leafies with his apple and grape juices. Some extraneous thoughts to come .....

No comments:

Post a Comment